Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ha Eun Park/ 201001433/ 2nd Draft Character Sketch/ Tue 11AM

A Cookie Monster, Cuddly Bear and An Advisor

 

 Someone in my life who is very dear to me but very eccentric at the same time is my sister. She can be absolutely absurd at times and be the sweetest person in the world at the same time. The very first memory that I have of her starts out at a hospital. It was the day when my mom was giving birth to my sister. Waiting at the hospital for couple of hours, my parents finally showed me a tiny person wrapped in cloth. That was my very first encounter with my sister, the very person who has been in my life from that moment. Who I believe has some interesting characteristics.

 

Every time I see her eat, I am surprise by the fact how much she can eat. For such a small person I do not know how she manages to find space inside her to stuff all the food that she eats. When she was in high school she would run home and the very first thing she did was opening the refrigerator. Even before washing her hands or going to her room, she would run to the kitchen to check the refrigerator to find something to eat. If she finds something that she likes, she just takes a spoon or uses just her hands and devours it. She rarely uses chopstick or any other tool. At times like this I am in complete awe and I have to remind myself that she is not a chimpanzee but a human being.

 

One of the things that I love about her is that whenever she is in a good mood she tries to snuggle. Out of the blue she comes into my room and sits next to me, and she says "Hug me." She never says please or says it in a kind voice. It is often in a demanding and a firm tone. Although, it can be cute sometimes when I am busy, I find it annoying from time to time. However, I know that often this is how she expresses her affection towards me, by barging in my room and demanding a hug or cuddle.

 

Lastly, she helps me to see things in a different perspective. Tiny little things that she does in life give me wisdom. Although a girl who just loves to eat is what I see most of the time, her image changes from time to time. When I make little mistakes and upset her, she is very generous and she overlooks my shortcomings. It is in those times that I realize that she has a big and warm heart. She helps me to acknowledge what is more important in life. I think I get easily get upset over tiny things, but my sister tries harder to understand the other person.

 

Without a doubt one of the most important people in my life is my sister. She has been a huge part of my life. She has been a long companion who watched me go through all the good and the bad in my life. I am more than grateful to have her in my life. Although she sometimes can be a pain, but I still love her and care about her a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment