Monday, November 18, 2013

Kang Dabida/ Oral history 1 / Tue34

The unluckiest guy


What are the odds that an average person would go through several accidents in a low? Not really high. But I know a person to whom all the terrible accidents happened in just two years. I met him in HUFS in 2012. Because we major in the same department, Media Communication, we used to hang out with other friends too. Before long, I found it out easily that he is a man with bad luck. I felt sorry to ask him if I can interview him about his accidents. But he texted me back "yes" without much hesitation.


It has been a quite a long time since I saw him. I welcomed him in the Apple Lounge in HUFS. I asked him to tell me from the recent accident. He said with embarrassingly smiling, "Let me first exclude the happenings that occurred due to my clumsiness."


He started talking with a sigh. His friends and he were drinking over the dinner two months ago. Suddenly, the girl next to him dropped the Soju glass by accident. As he reflexively turned his fact to where the sound came from, some of the broken pieces of the glass got into his eyes. At first he thought pouring water would be enough. After few days later, he couldn't help the feeling of irritation that he went to see an eye doctor. The doctor said any sort of glass piece was found, luckily. However, what was worst is that instead of pieces of the glass, there was calculus or the stone in his eye. As a result, he had to spend almost one and half an hour, trying to take it with the syringe.  


The more serious one happened in April last year. He was on his way back to home. Suddenly a group of Chinese people came out from somewhere. "I tried to get out of the situation again and again." said he with bitterness. The people must have been the racketeers. They were mad at the fact he did not surrender, and pushed him down. Then he fell down to a rock and chafed against the ground. "I blacked out, and when I opened my eyes, I was at home. There was blood everywhere in the blanket, not to mention my face. And I have no idea how I came back home." He said the more serious problem is some nerves in his cheekbone and the teeth did not recover.


Even before perfectly recovering himself from the terrible accident, he had gone through another one in September. Again, he was his way back home from Norangin. As he passed the crosswalk to take a taxi, several young people came up to him. "And I fainted, when I woke up, I found myself lying on the ground. Everything was gone except for my cell phone. 


"How were you able to put up with all the situation?" I asked. "I didn't. Or I couldn't. What was scariest was that I began to think like 'This accident happened to me, because it is me. I myself is the bad luck.'" I did not know at all he was having that much serious accident or that much pain. To comfort him, I said "just forget about it. it could have been a lot worse".


No comments:

Post a Comment