Saturday, November 2, 2013

Huyoung Lee/Task 5.2/Tuesday 11 a.m.

I interviewed Haeun Park whom I got to know in the class. I asked her some basic questions first because I knew very few about her. The shortest answer I got from her was her age, which was 23, for there was nothing much to add. The longest one was about her future career. I asked her what she wanted to do in the future and she answered she wanted to go to graduate school to major in law or organizational psychology. As I didn't know exactly the difference between psychology and organizational psychology, I asked some additional questions and she explained to me what organizational psychology was. What were most interesting were her hobbies. She said she loved music and art. She plays guitar and piano, and she goes to the art museum to see pictures. Also she likes sports and said she used to play basketball with boys. I was very impressed that she enjoys many activities.
This interview was informal but when I have to interview someone formally, it's important to let them talk in a friendly mood. If they don't feel comfortable enough to be willing to talk about themselves or answer the questions, the interview probably go fail. One of the things you should avoid to make such a mood is talking too much during the interview. It's the interviewee who talks, not the interviewer. So if you start talking too much about yourself or something not necessary, it would make him or her uncomfortable thus not very enthusiastic about the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment