Monday, September 16, 2013

Hanna / 201203934 /Week2 assignment / Tues.11am. class

Name: Hanna / 201203934 /Week2 assignment / Tues.11am. class

1. Write about a bad experience you have had with writing. How did this experience affect your attitude toward writing?

  I do not like writing, especially English writing. My memories of my first English writing was quite boring and incredible. My English was such poor when I was a middle school student. One day, my teacher  had setting to write an assignment which was the most lovely one in my life. And I had wrote "Is it possible that I write it in Chinese,OK,I will give you amazing essay." Then, I had wrote all the following words in Chinese. I knew that I was became the butt of a joke to my classmates. They have hurt my pride, but I know failure is not a stranger to life. It can happen to anyone, because this failure, I will never give up on English writing and I call up all my courage on my writing. I believe that where there is a will,there is a way.

2. How do you feel about writing in your first language compared to writing in English?

  Translating one language to another just like I am Chinese but after one second I am turned an American. I am raveling between two country but no train here. Even I am a little crazy because I always write something in Chinese but I write it in English suddenly. I can not understand how the languages can be wrote in one line. I become dizzy because my sprite finance ministers in America and China and I can not control it. Especially after I lived in Korea, I though that my mother tongue get worse, my friends always joking on my retrogressive Chinese. But I am not giving up and I enjoyed in translating although translating is quite hard. 

3. When you are writing a paper for a class, do you try to please yourself or the teacher? Explain.

  I have done both of the two. Writing to my self just a piece of cake. I have no pressure on it but I have check all of the grammars and vocabularies, etc. If write to the teacher, I have to the paper carefully in case the teacher's criticism. But write to the teacher has advantages. Firstly, the teacher can help me correct the mistakes. Secondly, the teacher can give me good suggestion for my paper. Thirdly, the teacher's criticism can always remind myself do not make the same mistakes. It will makes it better.

1 comment:

  1. I’m very impressed by you essay. But there are some grammatical errors in your essay. The sentence(My memories of my first English writing was quite boring and incredible.) should be changed into (My memories of my first English writing were quite boring and incredible.) And the expression(I had wrote) also be changed into (I had written). Like these former errors, there are few minor errors that you should change.
    between two country->between two countries
    languages can be wrote->languages can be written
    I though-> I though
    I have check ->I have checked
    It will makes it better.->It will make it better.
    If you change these things, your essay is much stronger.

    ReplyDelete