Sunday, December 1, 2013

Improved Language Skills / Week13/ 20100450 Hyun Ju Park

1.It is quite interesting to know deeply about someone’s life who I didn’t know well before

-       I belive listening to someone’s life story is good way to know someone deeply and furthermore build the relationship, because sharing the life story is not just letting someone know my personal information and experiences but can be showing his everything; mindset, background, values ,etc.   

 

2.My aunt recently got married again.

-       My aunt got married again last year after with my uncle now who had been a boyfriend of my aunt for several years after my aunt got divorced.

 

3.So I have new uncle, thought he is very easy-going person

-       though he is very easy-going person so he had always tried to make me feel comfortable when he’s with me

 

4.the way he thinks and speaks make him very approachable person for my age.

-       the way he thinks and speaks make him very approachable person for my age because he talks to me as if he was like my friend.

 

 

5.Firstly, he sounded a little bit hesitating to say these things

-       there was a few seconds of pause before he started to tell me this story. And I’ve got the feeling that he was a bit hesitating to tell the story.

 

 

6.several times in different colleges, but he kept failing to continue studying in one college.

-       several times in different colleges, but he kept failing to continue studying in one college. He mentioned some universities he entered. The number of them is more than 3 ,but he just graduated some of them. I was quite surprised by that story because I couldn’t understand why he did that

 

 

7.He sighed and kept saying

-       He sighed and kept saying but I could feel how hard it was for him because his voice became smaller when he started to tell me this story

 

 

8.Besides, his sister-in-law passed away from unexpected accident as well few days ago.

-       He told me that his sister-in-law passed away as well by the unexpected accident because she fell backward in slippery ground a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment