Monday, December 2, 2013

Choe Kyungyo/Improved language samples/Tue 3,4

1. It was just an ordinary Sunday afternoon.

It was just an ordinary Sunday afternoon. It was as drowsy as usual. The sunlight was moderate as usual. Everything felt like they were the same with the previous Sunday.

 

2. None of the passengers were hurt

We were lucky to escape the calamity. The degree of collision was minor for the sound it made. When the bus driver asked if there is anyone who hurt, only one man who sat in the back complained of minor neck pain.

 

3. As soon as I arrived at Gangnam Express bus terminal, the last misfortune was waiting for me.

When I arrived at Gangnam Express bus terminal, unfortunately the last and even terrible misfortune had been waiting for me.

 

4. There already was a very long queue for a taxi

I had never seen such a long queue all my life. I couldn't think and say anything. All I could was just joining the line, looking vacantly at the back of person in front of me. When I glimpsed people in my boots, I couldn't help laughing because of the way they looked. All of them were looking at nowhere. I mean, they looked like seeing nowhere. No hopes. Just waiting.

 

5. I remember many people rushing into buying his books in case of their being out of print.

The fact that we can't buy his books anymore stimulated interest and anxiety for his books. I remember many people including me rushing into buying his books online.

No comments:

Post a Comment