Monday, December 2, 2013

An yumi/ Be more specific/ Tue 11am

1. My father and I were driving through the downtown, Seoul. We were passing through a huge intersection in Jong-ro when I asked my father to answer a few questions.

->My father and I were driving through the downtown, Seoul. He came to Seoul nearly every other day because of his work. The colder Seoul got, the more layers of clothes he added up. That day he was wearing a black down jumper on a reddish brown sweater and a check-patterned muffler was around his neck. His slightly wrinkled eyes were looking at the road but ears were open toward me talking to him. We were passing through a huge intersection in Jong-ro when I asked my father to answer a few questions. 

 

2. "What did mom say?" I asked. "Your mom is the best woman in the world..." he answered.

->"What did mom say?" I asked. The car stopped by another red light turning on. He took his right hand off the steering handle and pat on my head. "Your mom is the best woman in the world.  

 

3. I asked what made him quit the job that most people would admire. "As I got promoted..."

->I asked what made him quit the job that most people would admire. He answered as he gazed at the lights leaking out from a number of windows in tall buildings standing one after another along the road. "As I got promoted,..."

  

4. "Then, what did you want to do?" I asked. "I wanted to be a carpenter." 

->A number of passengers were walking across over the front window. At some point, passengers disappeared and green light came on. "Then, what did you want to do?" I asked. He answered as he stepped on the accelerator, "I wanted to be a carpenter."  

 

5. "Why did you suddenly stop working there and decided to study?" I asked. "When you follow..." 

-> "Why did you suddenly stop working there and decided to study?" I asked. The light in his eyes changed at the mention of that question as if he had been waiting all the way for me to ask that question. He cleared his throat a couple of times and stared to answer with some delicate hand gestures. "When you follow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment